Our client is currently recruiting for Response Repair Surveyors to join their team on an initial 6 month basis.
Responsible for ensuring that responsive repairs, including relets, are carried out satisfactorily from end-to-end of the process, including monitoring the work of the trade teams and contractors, from start to completion, ensuring delivery of high quality work, getting work done “right-first-time” and achieving high customer satisfaction within budgetary targets and providing a cost effective, value for money service.
- Carry out pre and post repairs, exchange and relet inspections as directed by Our Clients scheduling system and in liaison with the Trade Teams. Diagnose, assess and specify work required, in consultation with the customer. Order work through the Our Clients IT systems.
- Manage the delivery and quality of work carried out by internal workforce Trade Teams and external contractors, in order to maximise customer experience and satisfaction, taking the lead responsibility on dealing with any issues or complaints in a timely manner, ensuring any lessons learnt from these experiences are implemented as part of driving forward improvements to the service and continuously improving customer experience.
- Own repairs and complaints taking responsibility for actioning from end-to-end of the process. Ensure that where work is delegated or carried out by other parties, such as contractors, that over-view is managed and deadlines achieved successfully. Ensure customers are kept informed of progress throughout the process and that the work is completed to quality, financial and time targets. Champion an excellent customer/stakeholder experience with Housing Delivery Responsive Repairs.
- Take responsibility for maintaining excellent levels of communication with customers from end to end of the service.
- Manage customer expectation on escorted viewing of relets. Ensure clarity on letting standards and tenant responsibility.
- Specify the property refurbishment requirements ensuring the project is delivered to the target timescale and within budget
- Manage quotes from external contractors for specialist work, including achieving value for money whenever possible. Monitor and action dependencies, such as scaffolding checks. Ensure coordination and sequencing of work between teams and contractors.
- Assist in monitoring and controlling expenditure and costs against budgets. Contribute, with the team manager to ensuring effective budgetary management of the service.
- HNC or equivalent qualification in a construction field, plus a further period of relevant practical experience to demonstrate competence in the field
- Equivalent knowledge and skill demonstrated from significant and relevant experience in a building, surveying or similar construction related environment.
- Experience of supervision of contractors/ sub-contractors working within agreed timescales. Ability to prevent exploitation or manipulation of a contract.
- Hold a full current valid UK driving license.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety issues and requirements related to the Construction Industry.
- Ability to provide written reports, including embedded photographs and ability to create and make presentation material.
- Requires the ability converse with citizens and provide complex information in accurate spoken English, or through a BSL interpreter, also in written & electronic media.
If this role is of interest then please apply immediately