At SOLOS Consultants, we don’t just put clients and candidates in touch with each other.
At SOLOS Consultants, we believe that just a little preparation goes a long way when it comes to job interviews. With our help, you can increase your chances of getting that dream job.
Here are our 10 top interview tips:
- Make sure you actually want the job
Read through the job description and check that you actually want the position. Otherwise, you could be wasting everyone’s time.
- Do your homework
The more you can find out about your potential employer, the industry and the role itself, the more prepared you will be and the more you will impress the interviewer.
- Get your own questions ready
Having some questions ready shows enthusiasm.
- Have a practise
Ask a friend to help you practice your interview, from the handshake to answering questions you think you might be asked.
- Act like a professional
If you mean business, show it by turning up looking smart and making a great first impression.
- Prepare to sell yourself
You’ll need to emphasise your skills, but make sure you don’t confuse confidence with arrogance.
- Don’t be late
This could make the difference between getting the job or not, so turn up on time!
- Turn off your mobile
Along with being late, having your phone go off is one of the worst interview ‘crimes’.
- Have the right attitude
Think positive and professional!
The more relaxed you are, the better you are likely to perform.
Need more help?
If you need to work on your interview technique, the experienced, friendly advisors at SOLOS Consultants can help, so get in touch.
Your CV is your calling card. It is the first contact an employer will have with you, so it needs to make a great first impression.
At SOLOS Consultants, we believe that a good CV should:
- Tell employers what they want, at a glance. To stand out, your CV needs to comprehensively show the qualities that you can bring to the role. You should also keep it concise and easy to read.
- Be personalised. Always tailor your CV to each role you apply for, because employers can spot a generic CV a mile away.
- Focus on accomplishments. Instead of focusing on job duties, your CV should show examples of how you’ve solved problems and benefited organisations in the past.
- Have a skills summary. To get the reader’s immediate attention and show them who you are, include a concise summary of your skills and objectives.
- Show some hard facts. Although it’s good to show how you’ve been successful in previous roles, sometimes you need the evidence to back it up. Include specifics, facts and figures to support your examples.
Need help with your CV?
If you need to fine-tune your CV, our experienced advisors can help. Come in and see us at SOLOS Consultants for a friendly chat and some expert advice on improving your CV.
At SOLOS Consultants, we believe that continual personal and professional development is extremely important. In fact, some of our most successful candidates are those that grasp every opportunity to learn something new.
It is not only good for your own career development to train and learn new skills. Our clients put a high value on people who are committed to improving and developing their skills. This is because these employees are the ones whose contribution increases with every opportunity they seize.
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Our business at SOLOS Consultants is to ensure your success. We have a team of experienced consultants who are ready and waiting to help with your personal development, but the question is – are you ready for the challenge?
We can help to train our candidates in:
- Communication skills
- Interviewing skills
- Assertiveness and Time Management
- Report Writing Presentation Skills
- Project Management
If you’d like to offer more to current and potential employers, get in touch with the team at SOLOS to find out about training opportunities that could help you expand your skills.