|at SOLOS Consultants|
|Location||Exeter / Home based, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||February 9, 2021|
IT & Communications
|Salary||£608 per day inside IR35|
Our Government based client is looking to recruit a Solutions Architect on a 2 year contract to deliver a new cloud based capability.
You will be part of the Supercomputer Transformation Programme which will be used to deliver game-changing capability in forecasting at scale, with significant increases in data volume and rate. The outputs from this new capability need to be exposed to facilitate exploitation downstream, alongside more traditional data sources. The focus of this work will be to assist in the design and build a new, cloud-based capability to fulfil this requirement.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Solutions Architect with also some Enterprise Architecture experience with the following skills and experience:
- Bridging the gap between the technical and non-technical: You can translate technical concepts relating to software engineering, delivery management and service management so they are understood by all
- Governance: You can understand technical governance and participate in or deliver the assurance of a service
- Making and guiding decisions: You can make and guide effective decisions, explaining clearly how the decision has been reached. You must have the ability to understand and resolve technical disputes across varying levels of complexity and rise
- Strategy: You can produce a strategy for technology that meets business needs. You can create, refine and challenge patterns, standards, policies, roadmaps and vision statements. For this skill, senior roles tend to be more proactive as they set the strategy, whereas junior roles tend to be more reactive, responding to the strategy.
- Turning business problems into solution designs: You can work with business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into technical designs. You can create an optimal design through an iterative process, aligning the user need with the system requirements and organisational objectives.
Preference will be given to candidates who holds current SC Security Clearance however those eligible to apply will be considered to. If you do not hold current SC Clearance you will need to obtain BPSS Clearance prior to starting which will take 2-4 weeks.
Please note this role will be remote under the current restrictions.
Day Rate: Up to £608 per day INSIDE IR35 working a Umbrella or Limited Company.
Please apply today for immediate consideration.