Senior Engineer / Electrical Engineer
|at SOLOS Consultants|
|Location||Exeter / UK Wide, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 16, 2020|
|Salary||£299 per day inside IR35|
Our renowned client is currently looking to recruit a Senior Engineer / Electrical engineer on an initial 11 month contract.
The successful candidate will hold the relevant experience / qualifications in Engineering / Electrical / Electronic Environment and have previously worked in a lead / senior installation role. Within the role you will lead and manage the installation of upgrades and comms links at current weather station sites and ensure they are ready for transition to the next generation observing system.
- Build and test solution prior to installation and prepare documentation and installation instructions as required.
- Attend sites to undertake site surveys as required and produce full documentation as required by the project team(s) following the survey.
- Lead one of the engineering installation teams in resolving any equipment or communication faults / problems with these new systems so that transition delivery targets are met.
- Carry out root cause analysis of any issues and feeding back to the wider project delivery team suggestions to improve the methodology for the remainder of the installs.
- Possess a valid driving licence and be prepared to drive official vehicles; Engineers require Colour Perception CP2 or better to drive vehicles on airports or ports.
- Proven experience in leading and influencing the development of work plans, including identification of improvements to systems, capabilities and/or process. This is likely to involve root cause analysis of install issues to suggest appropriate changes to future methodology.
- Proven experience in using existing and emerging engineering practice to lead the delivery of the work plans, and have experience of leading a small team of engineers.
- Proven ability in the installation and testing of Campbell Scientific loggers, or equivalent experience with similar technology.
The ideal candidate will be a member of a professional Engineering body (i.e. IET), have previous experience working with comms infrastructure at MOD sites and have worked with meteorological instruments, however these aren’t essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established organisation with potential for long term extensions.
Although the Head Office is based in Exeter this role will require travel to sites across the UK so location / proximity to head office is not essential.