£400 Daily Rate
6 Month Contract Initially
Minimum SC clearance required to start and candidate must be willing to undergo DV clearance
Location: Home based, will be required to see sites which can be UK wide – travel is fully paid for. The site visits will only be required once or twice a month.
Our Government Client is looking for a Project Manager to join their team on an initial 6 month contract basis.
Reporting to the Head of Delivery, the role holder will be responsible for the planning, execution, and delivery of a telecommunication project. The role holder will have the ability to understand and interpret business needs and requirements, make difficult decisions and understand any potential risks and repercussions of implementing changes. They will also manage and lead other members of the team.
Primary activities for the Project Manager will entail:
- The project manager is responsible for managing the survey of secure sites which must be clearly detailed, and a full report supplied to pre-sales to enable a compliant cost model to be provided for sales. This will include a concise bill of materials and a scope of works to be built at time of survey by the surveyor.
- Day to day management of operations, ensuring that the project is brought to a successful completion and meets the required time, budget, and quality constraints.
- You will ensure that all project work complies with building and security regulations and health and safety legislation as well as other legal requirements.
- Ensuring timely management of any unforeseen delays.
- Due to the secure nature of the sites, the project manager is responsible for ensuring all staff and visitors are security cleared and the site is aware of all changes. This will be done by liaising directly with the end client or the security department
- The project manager must have full understanding of all MOD and MOJ installation practices and ensure these are followed at every opportunity. Any work identified as not to this standard must be logged and submitted immediately to the end client or their representative.
- Organise and chair weekly review meetings with the project team.
- Must hold SMSTS qualification
- Must be a CSCS card holder to a level of site manager
- CIDA qualified
- 5 years minimum experience of working within the telecommunication environment as a project manager and experience as an engineer
- Full understanding of telecommunication copper networks to include Cat 5e and Cat 6 cabling
- Full understanding of telecommunication fibre networks to include multi-mode and single mode cabling
- Full understanding of telecommunication civil installations and JSP604 standard
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills to include the MS suite of products and MS Project
- Excellent financial budget control
If this role is of interest and you meet the above criteria, then please apply immediately