£545.96p Daily Rate – PAYE
£713.15p Daily Rate – UMBRELLA
12 Month Contract Initially
Milton Keynes Or London / Onsite working requirement
Our Government Client is looking for a Programme Manager to join their team on an initial 12 month contract basis.
Skills and Experience Required
Essential Expertise and Qualifications
- Experience of delivery of programmes within C4ISR or National Security.
- Programme management qualifications (e.g MSP)
- Project management qualifications (e.g Prince2, Agile, APM or PMP)
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Thorough understanding of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- 5+ years’ experience of delivery of technology projects within HMG settings
- 5+ years’ experience in Major Project or Programme delivery
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues at Expert level
- Experience in mobilisation of a Major Project or Programme from scratch, and at pace
- Experience in design and implementation of Major Project assurance and governance from scratch, and at pace.
- Ability to influence and persuade senior decision-making bodies
- Ability to interact professionally with senior Civil Servant/Military/Political leadership
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- An analytical mind-set with great problem-solving abilities
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting.
- Experience in delivering a live multi-vendor technology service
- Experience in delivering a technology service with a value exceeding £100m
- Ability to see big-picture solutions from basic specifications.
Experience of reviewing technical and business documentation:
o requirements documentation
o user stories
o design documentation
o technology and systems/network architecture
o technical security standards
- Experience leading and executing within both Agile and stage-gated Waterfall project delivery methodologies
- Experience of IPA Major Project reporting through GMPP Returns
- An understanding of Joint Expeditionary Force and what it represents.
- An understanding of TOGAF or MODAF.
Candidates submitted for this role must be British nationals, and be able to confirm:
- They are a British citizen, and
- They have been a resident in the UK for at least two of the last five years
Due to the nature of this requirement, UK Government Security Clearance if not already held will need to be obtained.
The minimum Security Clearance required for this role is SC.
Although advantageous, it is not a requirement that an individual already holds Security
If this role is of interest and you meet the above criteria, then please apply immediately