|at SOLOS Consultants|
|Location||Newport, Gwent, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||June 17, 2022|
|Salary||£20.41 - £27/hour|
Our private sector client is looking for a Procurement Specialist who will be fully integrated in the Procurement organisation on a long-term contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for procuring goods and services on behalf of Client procuring services for Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Customer Services, Research & Technology, across all Client’s divisions.
The Buyer will lead procurement activities within the Engineering Services Procurement Sub-Commodity in the United Kingdom
- To Manage the sourcing activity for Engineering Services required by major programmes for Client in the UK
- Management of call for tenders and contractual negotiation to achieve the best purchasing conditions in accordance within Company requirements (Internal - External)
- Monitoring the contract during innovation, development, serial and support phases with suppliers and Company stakeholders to achieve throughout the contract life cycle a complete application of terms and conditions to ensure suppliers deliver the expected performance in all dimensions (Logistics, support, quality, cost.)
- Managing the day-to-day relationships with suppliers and running projects to optimise customer value, while minimising total cost of ownership & risks
- Being an active part and contributing to the Multi-Functional Team which includes Procurement, Engineering, Programme, Security, Commercial & Contracts, Ethics & Compliance all along the tendering, contracting and contract life cycle phases.
- Excellent communication skills at negotiation level
- Customer focused and solution oriented
- Autonomous and self-motivating professional who likes to work in a dynamic and collaborative team
- Requires awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity