|at SOLOS Consultants|
|Location||Bristol, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||May 27, 2022|
|Salary||£250 Daily Rate|
Our Client is seeking a Procurement officer role in Bristol to report to the Procurement Business Partner. The ideal candidate will have 2- 3 years’ experience in a Procurement role in the public sector with exposure across a range of category areas. The individual may be looking to progress from a Procurement Support role and develop their career, they may be already studying CIPS or prepared to study.
This role will involve supporting the Procurement Business Partner in delivery of a wide range of requirements to Our Client, manage a portfolio of RFQ’s / RFP’s, provide input to policies and procedures, develop the profile of Procurement and engage with key stakeholders.
- Support the Procurement Business Partner to deliver a quality service to Our Clients.
- Manage a portfolio of requirements up to £100K from concept to delivery with internal stakeholders
- Publish and manage the RFQ Process through our electronic tendering system
- Maintain the Contract Register
- Support in development and delivery of Procurement presentations and training.
- Facilitate compliance with Our Clients contract standing orders and Procurement best practice aligned to the Public Contracting Regulations.
- Occasionally represent Our Client in procurement workshops across the region
- Work with stakeholders to identify their requirements, timelines, routes to market and evaluation criteria.
- Act as first point of contact for queries / managing the Procurement Inbox
- Review early Procurement request forms / initial review of specifications /requirements.
- Work with Stakeholders to define requirements and put together a Procurement Plan compliant to our Contract Standing Orders.
- Engage with external stakeholders including suppliers and representatives from the Local Authorities and with the wider Procurement Community.
- Research markets and suppliers and other authority frameworks;
- Establish, develop and nurture supplier relationships;
- Delivery of pragmatic value for money solutions accessing a number of existing frameworks.
- Undertaken the Procurement cycle from concept to tender to post procurement approvals.
- Tactical / operational Contract Management responsibility.
- Any other duties required for the role
ESSENTIAL (MUST HAVE)
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Good standard of general education
- Exposure of delivering indirect procurement requirements
- Managing RFP / RFQ process from start to finish
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database entry and reporting.
- Experience of working as a Procurement Officer
- Proven track record of developing relationships with a diverse range of Stakeholders
- Exposure to Professional Services / Consultancy category
Skills and Competencies
- Flexibility in prioritising and managing work load
- Ability to work as part of a small team and autonomously
- Able to articulate stakeholder requirements in a procurement context
- Excellent report writing and presentational skills
- Excellent Internal and external stakeholder management
- Excellent relationship management
- Excellent communication with all levels of stakeholders
- Understanding of negotiating techniques
- Ability to make decisions and develop courses of action to deliver procurements within agreed timescales.
- Ability to consistently work towards deadlines and manage stakeholder expectations
- Understanding of the differences between the public and private sector procurement practices
- Ability to take informed pragmatic decisions with a can-do attitude
- An understanding of the Local Authority Political Landscape
- An understanding of the Public Contracting Regulations 2015 (OJEU)
- Level 3 CIPS