|at SOLOS Consultants|
|Location||Exeter - 2 days in the office, 3 from home, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||September 20, 2021|
|Salary||£322 per day inside IR35|
Our renowned client is currently recruiting for an experienced Press Officer to join their business on an initial 6 month contract. The role will be hybrid working (2 days in the Exeter Office).
The successful candidate will have previous experience working as a Press Officer / Media Officer in a busy press office and ideally have some experience / interest in climate, weather or sciences. You will be supporting the client during a busy time around UN Climate Change Conference (COP 26).
- Deal with media enquiries in an appropriate, timely manner, including through the use of social media channels to ensure promotion and protection of the business reputation in line with the comms strategy and programme plan
- Provide expert advice to employees on all media-related matters
- Use social media channels to ensure the public have access business information and advice so they can make informed industry related decisions
- Contribute to the coordination and delivery of proactive media plans as part of wider corporate campaigns, working with agencies as required
- Help identify up-and-coming media opportunities and threats, ensuring that the business is aware of and prepared for all key issues that may impact on the organisation
- Create and develop meaningful internal and external contacts in order to cultivate beneficial relationships across the business and related 3rd parties
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you should be able to speak and write creatively, clearly and fluently and be adept at dealing with a range of stakeholders and complex information
- Proven experience and understanding of digital, print and broadcast news media and the successful use of social media as a communications tool, choosing/advising which channels to use and when
- Proven experience of proactive press and social media activities in support of integrated communications campaigns to support corporate goals
- Demonstrable experience of managing fast moving situations both proactively and reactively to tight deadlines and under pressure – you will need to be highly organised and able to prioritise work on several projects, according to importance
- Excellent interpersonal, team working and negotiation skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a team, to deliver marketing and press strategies within a government based organisation. Candidates who hold valid SC Clearance would be of particular interest but this is not essential and it can be obtained prior to starting.
This role has been deemed to be inside IR35.