|at SOLOS Consultants|
|Location||Leicestershire, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||February 12, 2021|
|Salary||£13 - £16 per hour|
Our established client is currently looking to recruit a Mechanic on an initial 3 month contract.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in a fleet workshop or garage and be confident diagnosing mechanical faults and working with electronic diagnostic equipment. Within the role you will service and repair vehicles in a safe, efficient and economic manner employing such skills and knowledge as may be required with due regard to current Technical and Health & Safety legislation.
- To drive and manoeuvre motor vehicles and plant as necessary, recovering defective or damaged vehicles, carrying out the full range of technical checks and diagnostic tests required for light & heavy goods, and passenger transport vehicles.
- To observe, recognise and report on mechanical and electrical vehicle, component, or systems defects, or impending failure, assessing, recording and/or costing the repair (as appropriate).
- To carry out routine inspections, service and MOT of all vehicles and selected plant in the fleet according to the schedules issued by the Workshop Manager, and in accordance with prescribed quality standards, utilising specialist services as required.
- To examine vehicles, reporting verbally or in writing, (as dictated by the Senior Mechanic/Workshop Manager) upon the condition, roadworthiness and safety.
- To carry out both mechanical and electrical repairs and/or adjustments as required, under the instruction of the Senior Mechanic/Workshop Manager to the prescribed quality standards
- To keep accurate time sheets, work sheets, electronic records stores records , accident occurrence forms etc in accordance with policy and compliance procedures.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established organisation on an initial 3 month contract with opportunities for contract extensions.