|at SOLOS Consultants|
|Location||Milton Keynes / Home based initially, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||February 12, 2021|
|Salary||£350 - £400 per day inside IR35|
Our renowned client is currently looking to recruit an IT Buyer on an initial 6 month contract, starting ASAP.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working within Procurement, Buying or Category Management and have been responsible for the IT procurement within the business. You will have previously procured IT software/systems, managed tenders, have worked within the public sector and be confident working in complex environments.
- Manage tendering activity in accordance with internal and external policies and regulations
- Working in collaboration with key stakeholders, develop appropriate tender documentation ensuring sourcing projects are delivered efficiently and effectively
- Provide advice on tender evaluation bidder engagement and lead tender evaluations through to positive tender outcomes
- Prepare post tender reports, management information reports and savings reports
- Proactively assess and resolve procurement queries and issues related to projects as required
- Liaise with the key stakeholders, Deputy Procurement Manager and suppliers where required to ensure the correct contractual documents are developed with the purchase order
- Undertake specific tasks and projects at the request of the Procurement Manager and Deputy Procurement Manager
- Have experience of procuring IT software/systems
- Be studying towards the Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent/relevant job-related experience
- Have broad procurement experience ideally gained in the HE/public sector with a large complex multi-site organisation
- Have experience of working with staff at all levels to develop project sourcing strategies for key areas of spend
- Have experience of preparing and drafting tender documentation for complex IT services under official EU procurement procedures
- Have experience or knowledge of public sector procurement and EU procurement Regulations
- Have experience of reviewing, drafting and negotiation of commercial contractual documents and in particular software/licensing agreements
- Knowledge of GDPR legislation and an understanding of information security requirements particularly in relation to purchasing cloud-based software and services
- Experience of using online tendering and purchasing systems
The role will initially be working from home, however this may change once restrictions have been lifted.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a renowned organisation on an initial 6 month contract with view for extension.
The ideal candidate will be CIPS qualified, however this isn’t essential.