Housing Advisor (Homelessness Officer)
|at SOLOS Consultants|
|Location||Bristol, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||January 8, 2021|
|Salary||£14 - £18.50|
Our Public Sector client is looking for a number of Housing Advisors (Homelessness Officers) on an initial 3 month contract. We are looking for applicants who have experience in a similar Housing Officer role ideally with some experience / knowledge of the Homelessness Legislation.
The core requirements of this role will include:
- Provide services to customers to prevent and relieve homelessness
- Investigate and assess applications to fulfil statutory duties
- Managing a caseload of people in housing needs and work with them to resolve housing difficulties
- Promote housing options and initiatives
- Secure appropriate accommodation for customers
- Provide advice to landlords and tenants
The ideal candidate will be experienced in a Housing Officer role with experience of dealing with homelessness and the appropriate legislation. You will have experience dealing with service users and also experience working with a number of other organisations including voluntary sector. You will have excellent communication and customer service skill as well as the ability to work under pressure.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established organisation on a long term contract basis.
- £14.86 per hour PAYE + holiday pay
- £18.50 per hour on a Umbrella basis.