Home to School Transport Head of Service – Day Rate Negotiable
|at SOLOS Consultants Ltd|
|Location||Brighton, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||September 9, 2020|
|Salary||£250 per day|
Our public sector client is looking to recruit a Home to School Transport Head of Service / Transport Manager on a long term contract for up to 24 months to provide leadership through this challenging time.
- Ensure the safety of children on a transport service that is recognised to be currently under-resourced and to ensure the build-up of a team that can carry out the required compliance checks that have suffered from insufficient capacity in recent years.
- Work with the community to rebuild trust and confidence in families using transport, keeping the needs and interests of the children to the fore.
- Implement service improvements
- Budget Management and bringing spends under control
- Take responsibility for the full range of duties at Head of Service level, including working directly and effectively with Members of all parties, deal with press interest and re-build trust and confidence in the community through strong partnership working. Expectation to attend meetings at different venues when required
- Work with corporate teams Procurement, Legal, Health and Safety and Finance and to ensure compliance with the Dynamic Purchasing System and contracts.
- Manage a range of 3rd party suppliers and various transport providers