Our public sector client is currently looking for an Highways Engineer to join their team on a contract basis for initially 6 months.
Purpose of the job
- To manage the design & delivery of engineering projects from inception to construction /completion, working with all stakeholders and where required, to lead an allocated team engaged in engineering design, construction and maintenance projects, taking Principal
- Designer (under CDM regulations) responsibility for the work within the team. To identify and develop innovative design solutions to allocated projects and work to deliver these within time and budget.
- The majority of the work of the Engineering Design Team is supporting Bristol City Council’s predominantly Urban Transport objectives and may include: Highways, Civil, Structural, Drainage, Contract Administration & Surveying work. Post holders would be expected to work in any field as required by the individual project briefs.
Key job outcomes/accountabilities
- To manage & deliver complex construction projects required by a project brief & often in a constrained urban environment, as part of a design team, or on own initiative, by:
- Initial, interim and final surveys and investigations.
- Completion of designs, calculations, specification, plan & drawings, estimates, reports and bills of quantities using Computer Aided Design and other specialist Software.
- Site visits to ensure the Contractor is undertaking the work in accordance with the specification and programme. To ensure that the construction site is being operated in a safe manner and to record and report any concerns.
- Ensuring that statutory and other notices are prepared and issued, updated and closed in accordance with legal requirements.
- Liaising with statutory undertakers and other BCC departments to manage conflicts and coordinate delivery.
- Responsible for the financial and contract management of projects, with particular emphasis on delivery within time and budget.
- Supervise resources and direct staff engaged in the execution of projects.
- To interpret and communicate a range of technical information for clients, other agencies, members of the public, and stakeholders, to ensure effective service delivery.
- To interpret current technical standards and specifications to identify and implement cost effective solutions to engineering problems
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this role then please do apply immediately.
37 Hours PW