Health and Safety Lead Consultant
|at SOLOS Consultants Ltd|
|Location||Brighton, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||June 11, 2021|
|Salary||£24.15 per hour|
Our Public Sector client is looking to recruit a Health and Safety Lead Consultant on a initial 6 month contract.
Your main purpose will be to :
- Manage the health and safety within a portfolio; maintaining a sound understanding of the business unit will be a critical success factor for the role
- Support managers across the business and ensure they are implementing health and safety procedures tailored and suitable to the needs of the service.
- Develop and implement integrated health and safety solutions and initiatives that promote workplace health safety and wellbeing and delivers measurable improvement.
- Monitor and audit health and safety performance
- Ensure quality and consistency in Health and Safety performance
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- National Examination Board of Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) Diploma or working towards with significant relevant experience
- Experience working as a health and safety practitioner in a large organisation
- Ideally experience in the Public Sector
- Up-to-date knowledge of European and UK Health & Safety legislation as it applies to the business.
- Awareness of current Health and Safety legislation
- Ability to identify hazards and risks and implement appropriate solutions
- Project Management skills
- Leading on service improvements
- Excellent problem solving, engagement, communication and organisational skills.
This role will be a mix of remote and onsite working in the Brighton area.
If this role is of interest please apply today for immediate consideration.
Hourly Rate: £24.15 per hour on a Umbrella Company basis