Head of Health and Safety
|at SOLOS Consultants Ltd|
|Location||Brighton, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||June 11, 2021|
IT & Communications
|Salary||£36.00 per hour|
Our Public Sector client is looking to recruit a Head of Health and Safety on a initial 6 month contract.
Your main purpose will be to champion Health and Safety across the business to promote employee health and well-being to meet the challenges associated with the delivery of health & safety excellence. You will also:
- Ensure the ongoing delivery of the H&S advisory service including the delivery of Service Level Agreements with internal and external clients.
- Management and leadership of a team of H&S professionals and fire specialists.
- Provide corporate leadership
- Act as the competent person as required by the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- Lead advisor on the management of covid H&S risks
- Produce adequate budgets for your areas of responsibility
- Oversea Service Level Agreements
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- National Examination Board of Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) Diploma or working towards with significant relevant experience
- Member of the Institute of Occupational Health & Safety or non-qualified member with significant comparable experience
- Extensive Health, Safety & Wellbeing and senior management experience in a complex organisation
- Experience of leading on the implementation of Health and Safety strategies, policies and associated frameworks
- Demonstrable experience of delivering major projects in complex organisations
- Strong people management and coaching skills consistent with the council’s management standards
- Experience of managing Health and Safety professionals
- Experience of managing organisational and employee health and safety management systems
- A successful track record in leading on service improvements such as best value, quality, strategy, policy or procedure reviews.
This role will be a mix of remote and onsite working in the Brighton area.
If this role is of interest please apply today for immediate consideration.
Hourly Rate of Pay: £36.00 per hour on a umbrella company basis