Up to £1000 Per Day - Umbrella
6 Month Contract Initially
Bristol / Hybrid (10 days per month on site)
Our Public Sector Client is looking for a Director of Finance to join their team to act as the Council’s Chief Financial Section 151.
- Ensure that the Council has a Medium Term Financial Strategy that operates within resources and delivers the Corporate Strategy
- Be the head of profession for all finance, procurement, revenues and benefits, internal audit and risk management staff across the Council, ensuring good quality financial advice, governance and leadership council-wide.
- Ensure sound treasury management activities and maintenance of the Council's financial investments.
- To manage the financial aspects of the Council’s commercial interests, including the Council’s wholly and partly owned trading and teckal companies
- Ensure teams and resources are focused and aligned to deliver the corporate plan and Medium Term Financial Strategy.
Essential Experience (must have):
- Be CCAB Qualified.
- Have previous experience as a statutory Chief Financial (Section 151) Officer in a large council
- Able to demonstrate a deep understanding of local government and the financial and policy context in which it operates.
- Sound technical understanding at a strategic level of the services for which this post is responsible.
- Proven track record of consistent and demonstrable leadership at a service level within an organisation of a comparable scope and complexity.
- Highly visible and inspirational leadership skills with experience of operating at a senior leadership level with stakeholders, and of inspiring colleagues to give of their best.
- Demonstrable experience of strategy development, planning and policy formulation within the professional disciplines covered by this role.
- Ability to build and develop strategic relationships, influencing and negotiating with a wide range of stakeholders and partners to achieve outcomes.
- Experience of leading diverse activities across multiple service areas within set budgets to meet agreed targets and strategic objectives.
- Knowledge and understanding of the challenges that cities like Bristol and the wider public sector face alongside the policy and governance requirements across the function.
- Experience of developing and sustaining a culture that meets the needs of and engages with customers and staff within an inclusive, open and high-performing environment.
- Demonstrable track record of leading, motivating and managing teams to achieve high-performing, significant and sustainable service improvements and outstanding results through internal and external partnerships.
- Demonstrate the capability and capacity for critical thinking and ability to apply this insight in a practical and engaging manner.
- Demonstrable evidence of applying creative and business-like approaches to managing demand for services to deliver cost-effective and efficient outcomes.
- Board level experience as a director in a public or private sector organisation.
- Knowledge and understanding of company law and governance and experience relating to Local authority owned companies.
If this role is of interest and you meet the above criteria, then please apply immediately