Bristol / Onsite working requirement
Our Public Sector Client is looking for a School Improvement Officer to join their team on an initial 3 month contract basis.
- Degree and qualified teacher status
- Successful senior leadership experience at primary phase (e.g. Headteacher, Deputy Head, Assistant Head) or in a Local Authority at school improvement level (e.g. advisor/consultant).
- Up to date knowledge of recent national developments in school legislation and the implications of these for school improvement and school effectiveness with experience of providing advice and consultancy in a system leadership role (e.g. LA advisor/consultant, NLE, LLE or SLE).
- Thorough understanding of the Ofsted inspection framework and experience of leading a school through a recent successful inspection; whole school strategic planning; managing performance and evaluating educational provision; with specific expertise and experience in curriculum design, teaching and learning, pedagogy, etc.
- Good understanding of the current role of Local Authorities and their role in developing system leadership and effective school to school support.
- A thorough understanding of school data and how this can be used to evaluate, scrutinise and improve performance
- Ability to lead and manage teams, work in partnership to promote collaborative working and to deal sensitively with people.
- Ability to provide high quality constructive feedback using expertise and experience to scrutinise and influence others in relation to school improvement issues.
- Good communication skills with different audiences and the ability to converse with citizens and provide complex information in accurate spoken English, or through a BSL interpreter and a resilience, tenacity and ability to work to tight deadlines, often in difficult circumstances.
- Ability to act with demonstrable fairness, integrity and consistency.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and/or experience of equalities and diversity issues.
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications or equivalent including the following: Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, and have a willingness to learn new applications and technology as appropriate.
- Higher professional qualification
- Qualified and/or experienced Ofsted inspector
If this role is of interest and you meet the above criteria, then please apply immediately