|at SOLOS Consultants Ltd|
|Location||Brighton, Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||January 26, 2018|
|Salary||£10.71 - £13.45/hour|
SOLOS are currently working with a public sector client to recruit a Housing Needs Officer to join their team on a 4 month initial contract where other opportunities could arise
The main purpose is to act as the first point of contact for customers, other teams in the organisation and external agencies who need information on accommodation options. To do this by assessing housing need, and taking appropriate action. This includes allocating to temporary accommodation and supported housing.
The post holder will liaise and negotiate with social landlords and other accommodation providers regarding available accommodation.
Day to day jobs would be:
• Provide advice and guidance
• Assess housing needs, and consider available solutions based on information provided by applicants and third parties
• To provide advice and information to customers, external agencies on accommodation options and on our statutory housing duties.
• To work face to face with customers in the community e.g. home visits, viewing of temporary accommodation in accordance with our lone working policy.
• Carry out inspections of accommodation and report back to management and residents, as appropriate.
• Maintain records of customer contact, including any change of circumstances taking appropriate action in line with the assessment process and appropriate systems.
The ideal candidate would:
• Have good knowledge of the 1996 housing act. Homeless law and legislation
• Have experience of using communication skills to provide a customer focussed service.
• Have the ability to liaise and negotiate with landlords and support providers.
• Have a broad understanding of the responsibilities of tenants, landlords and other accommodation providers.
• Have experience of assessing housing needs.
• Have the ability to work flexibly as part of a team.
• Have the ability to organise and prioritise own workload.
• Have the Ability to manage change to service delivery caused by changes in legislation and housing demand.
We are looking for candidates with an interest in housing and looking for experience as a housing officer and housing needs officer.
If you feel you have the right skills and attributes, please apply!