|at SOLOS Consultants Ltd|
|Location||Nuneaton, Warwickshire, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 24, 2017|
|Salary||£14 - £20/hour|
Our Public Sector Client is currently looking for a building control officer to join their team on a interim basis.
The Job purpose is to provide a comprehensive Building Control Service to our customers and ensure that their building works comply with the Building Regulations and to administer and enforce the Building Regulations and associated legislation.
The successful candidate would:
• Be able to deal with the public in a polite, impartial and helpful manner.
• Be able to maintain accurate records
• Be able to work effectively and reliably as part of a team and to accept team decisions.
• Have good communication skills with a range of people inside and outside the organisation.
• Good IT skills including word processing, spreadsheets preferably Microsoft
• Office, email, use of the intranet and internet
• Able to plan tasks and meet deadlines/targets.
• Able to pacify aggressive or difficult customers and respond in a positive, tactful and professional manner.
• Able to manage effectively a rapidly changing workload
• Experience of dealing with the public in potential confrontational situations.
• Experience of administrative functions including record keeping
Desirable but not essential:
• A recognised qualification in building control or equivalent is preferable
• Post will require CRB check at an appropriate level
If you feel you have the right skills and experience please apply straight away!