|at SOLOS Consultants Ltd|
|Location||Nottingham, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||February 2, 2018|
|Salary||£36000 - £38000/annum|
Our Client is currently looking for an Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis.
Candidates can come from a private and public sector background but need to be experienced in a Commercial Business.
The job Purpose is to prepare the clients annual budget within strict financial guidelines and to monitor budgets, provide financial reporting papers and support to the board members. The successful candidate would also establish and lead on the business management and financial administration.
Other day to day jobs would entail:
• Producing and taking direct day-to-day financial responsibility for the organisation
• Budgets and Compliance i.e. Revenue budget, Management accounts, Year-end financial statements, compliance etc.
• Business planning and monitoring such as forecasting and maintaining the organisations Management Accounting Systems, overseeing the effective introduction, by Managers, of Cost Centre management and Commitment Accounting.
• Business Support such as support the management team in the purchase, leasing and maintenance contracts for the client, including negotiation, tendering and monitoring of contracts and service level agreements.
• Have responsibility for financial stakeholder management with Head of Commercial Finance to ensure roles and responsibilities are achieved
• Overseeing all banking activities including monitoring and reconciliation of bank balances.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a qualified member of a recognised accounting body with diverse experience at a senior level or qualified by experience
• Have extensive and significant experience of working in a complex organisation
• Be experienced at being an Accountant in a Commercial Business
• Experience of developing and monitoring Management Accounts, including Cost Centre management and Commitment Accounting.
• Have a detailed understanding of commercial accounting packages (e.g. Sage)
• experience at a senior level or qualified by experience
• Have experience of developing and monitoring Management and Statutory Accounts
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established organisation with an excellent working environment.