Procurement Business Partner
|at SOLOS Consultants|
|Location||Luton, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||May 10, 2019|
|Salary||£49,000-£51,622 Plus Benefits|
|Contact||0115 927 4400|
We are currently recruiting for a Permanent Procurement Business Partner for our public sector client. The role is to work in the Adults Commissioning service area.
The successful Procurement Business Partner should have substantial experience at delivering savings to an organisation through effective category and contract management and line management experience.
You will lead the development of positive relationships with Portfolio Head of Service/ stakeholders to raise awareness of the benefits of a strategic approach to spend.
The successful Procurement Business Partner will provide ongoing strategic advice and support on the management of in-scope contracts and supplier relationships.
Other Duties Include:
- Implement Procurement strategy’s & objectives, whilst ensuring compliance with the Procurement Policy, SLAs, KPIs and overall regulations
- Spend profiling, opportunity analysis and procurement benchmarking
- Management of Tenders – Manage the pre & post tender processes positively challenging demand.
- Develop Portfolio’s annual procurement plan and ensure its compliance and delivery
- Develop and implement Innovative Departmental Sourcing Plans for all assigned categories and projects
- ·Oversee the provision of Contract Management & Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) for your portfolio
The successful Procurement Business partner should
- ·Have Public Sector/Local Authority Experience
- ·Experience of a purchasing environment
- ·In depth experience of working within a Social Care environment (such as children, adults, and/or Public Health with an understanding of the services needs and supply base
- ·Excellent commercial understanding; In depth experience of leading on service delivery specification development
- ·Demonstrable knowledge of current legislations
- ·Able to develop highly effective working relationships with all levels of staff, internally and externally
In return our client will offer you:
- Flexible/agile working arrangements
- Childcare vouchers (salary sacrifice scheme)
- Generous holiday entitlement (26 days increasing to 31 days after 5 years’ service)
- Pension with generous employer contribution
- Excellent support and development
- Relocation package available
- Half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- Discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars