Highway Electrical Asset Team Manager
|at SOLOS Consultants|
|Location||Bristol, City of Bristol, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||December 2, 2019|
|Salary||£300 - £375 per day|
|Contact||0115 927 4400|
Our client are currently recruiting for a Highway Electrical Asset Team Manager on an initial interim basis to join their established team in Bristol.
To take full responsible for the effective management and development of the Highway Electrical Asset Team including Design, Delivery and Compliance. This will include acting as the lead CDM Principal Designer, technical manager carrying out and managing a programme of revenue and capital maintenance, inspection, repair and improvement of Highway Electrical Assets (HEA) for which the organisation are responsible for.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Lead, organise and motivate staff and contractors to ensure delivery on required objectives
- Maintain a supportive management culture throughout the
- Develop and recruit staff
- Plan, deliver, innovate and manage the allocated work programmes and services to time, within budget
- Ensure an innovative, integrated and flexible approach to the delivery of HEA services
- Provide technical service specific expertise and advice to other teams, groups, divisions and departments both internally and externally
- Lead the formulation of Highways Asset policy and strategies
- Prepare, attend and present reports to senior management, executive members and committees as and when required
- Promote good equalities practice and value diversity across the service.
- Deputise for the organisations senior management as and when required.
- Prepare design briefs and contract documents, including specifications and conditions of contract
- Actively manage and monitor contract performance ensuring accurate records are kept
- Undertake duties under the Highways Act including reviewing, checking and approving design proposals of third party work.
- Supervise staff, consultants and contractors engaged on maintenance projects.
The role has been deemed to be inside IR35, if this is of particular interest then please do apply immediately.