Flood Risk Manager
|at SOLOS Consultants Ltd|
|Location||Brighton, Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||March 19, 2018|
|Salary||£17.90 - £20.00/annum PAYE/Umbrella|
We are currently recruiting for a Flood Risk Manager for our public sector client.
the job will involve working with a range of partners, stakeholders, external consultants and other regional Local Authorities to identify areas at risk of flooding and to reduce and manage that risk.
The post-holder will be required to give advice to members of the public on steps they can take to self-help that will reduce the risk of their properties being flooded.
Day to day jobs will entail:
• Responding to major planning applications with regard to sustainable drainage. As we have a responsibility as a statutory consultee to respond to these consultations
• Project management of a number of current schemes
• Strategic Flood Risk Assessment Review
• Supplementary Planning Document for Sustainable Drainage
• Flood Investigations
• Advise Members through the writing of briefings and attendance at committee meetings
• Liaise with internal partners across the organisation such as Highways, Biosphere, Planning, Parks and City Clean
• Liaise with external partners such as the Environment Agency, Southern Water, South Down National Park and other Risk Management Authorities
The ideal candidate will relevant and demonstrable experience to the day to day jobs and have experience with:
• Flood investigations under Section 19 of the Flood and Water Management Act
• Liaising with external and internal partner
• Have public sector experience
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, please apply straight away.