Deputy Head of Commercial Procurement
|at SOLOS Consultants Ltd|
|Location||Exeter, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 6, 2019|
|Salary||£650 - £700 per day inside IR35|
We are actively recruiting for a Deputy Head of Commercial Procurement, to join a well-established procurement team on site in Exeter. This will be an initial 1 year contract with scope for further extension.
To deputise for the Head of Commercial & Procurement by managing and delivering a robust commercial approach to include procurement and contract management service within the framework of relevant Public Procurement Regulations, Legislation, established procurement best-practice and the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Ethical Code, thereby providing best value and mitigating risk to the business.
The Successful Deputy Head of Commercial Procurement Responsibilities will include:
- Leading the team and ensuring staff development.
- Managing quarterly quad review, assessing and reporting on performance, ensuring compliance to legislation and Government Commercial Operating Standards
- Leading continuous improvement to align with ISO accreditation, CIPS Certification and GCSO Improvements – ONEVision Programme.
- Be a key contact for the resourcing pipeline, strategic actions and engagement with BEIS working across a number of stakeholders.
- Deputise on BEIS Science Commercial Group, South West Strategic Procurement Board and Commissioning Assurance Group.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- MCIPS Qualified
- Management or business qualification
- Experience of complex, novel and contentious commercial activities.
- Experience of applying in-depth modern professional commercial expertise which is updated with the latest best practice.
- Ability to think laterally, challenge traditional patterns of service delivery and develop new approaches.
- Negotiation skills and experience concluding negotiating contracts with a wide range of suppliers.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills.
- Experience working in a similar role within a Local/Central government or Public Sector
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- PRINCE II Project Management Qualification
- Capability to prepare and deliver presentations to large groups of staff.
- Legal training including law governing public sector procurement.
- A good understanding of financial systems and current software.
This is pivotal role within the organisation so we are looking for someone with forward thinking business acumen, who can lead from the front and deputise for the Head when possible. You must be a strong communicator with proven skills working in Local or central Government businesses.
Central Exeter location with fantastic onside facilities
Long term contracting opportunity
Up to £702PD – Umbrella – Inside IR35
LTD options available – To be discussed.