|at SOLOS Consultants|
|Location||Brighton, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||May 10, 2019|
|Salary||£9.00 to £10.12 per hour|
|Contact||0115 927 4400|
We are currently recruiting for a corporate debt officer for our public sector client.
This role is 3 months initially, however extensions and other opportunities may arise.
- Contribute to the co-ordination and planning of overall team activities, both routine and non-routine, in order to fulfil team objectives.
- As directed by a team leader, trace and contact customers to clarify debt liabilities and secure outstanding debt payments, negotiating affordable repayment levels as appropriate.
- Record and adjust records on debt systems as appropriate to generate notifications or facilitate payment.
- Identify households with financial vulnerability with outstanding debts to our client and refer these households to the appropriate welfare support.
- Deal with customer enquiries on the phone or face to face or by correspondence, so that customer dissatisfaction or any other complex issues are resolved.
The successful debt officer should:
- Be able to diffuse difficult situations
- Ideally have knowledge of debt legislation, procedures and systems
- Have an understanding of the principles of credit control and the best practice in balancing affordability with collection.
- Be confident with standard office style programs such as Excel and Word
- Be able to work in a high workload environment
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, please apply straight away!